Thursday, March 31, 2011

Let The Games... BEGIN! - The restoration of my new JDM CR-X SiR begins with a Honda badge...

My new JDM CR-X wasn’t in the driveway five minutes before I performed my first upgrade: the ‘H’ for the hood.



Next in line was the center tail light with CR-X VTEC badge and then some cleaning. Before I knew it, it was dark and I was exhausted.



The next morning I began working on the front end. I removed the fascia, headlights, and the crappy air intake hoses. I converted the air cleaner box and hoses back to factory Honda pieces. While I was working in there I noticed that it had aftermarket replacement horns, so I swapped in the horns left over from Project 88. I replaced the headlights and fascia with better, cleaner parts.



The interior was the next stop. The center console was removed and the JDM radio was replaced with a North American unit capable of playing our FM radio stations. I added my EDM center console with the heated seat switches, a new climate control box (with Kanji writing on the face), Spoon intrument cluster. Also replaced the steering column covers with NIB JDM ones, and swapped the Nardi steering wheel for a JDM ITR wheel. I also removed the APEXi controller and installed the Spoon ECU and VTEC Controller I had been saving.



The rear seat was removed and replaced with a fresh, unripped EDM rear seat and the rear side linings were removed in favor of fresh (unmangled) EDM ones. I also carefully inspected the quarter panels for any signs of rust or repair.

The Spoon rear upper strut bar was yanked and an OBX one put in its place. This allowed for my custom mounts from Project 88 to be used instead and thus spared the rear side linings from having to be cut to get the bar to fit. The rear bass tubes were added and topped off with NIB "Super Sound" rear speaker covers.

That was my Saturday.

Sunday wasn't as busy as Saturday. I finished bolting the rear seat into place and replaced the front door panels and speakers. I put a NIB 1/4 panel glass with SiR badge on the back. I also replaced the air intake hose to the manifold and the valve cover was swapped with a red JDM ITR one. I did other odds and ends and various cleaning tasks. And I test-fitted my glasstop sunshade and replaced the sunvisors (he had some sort of decal on the passenger's side one that left a large round mark on it).

But most of all, I was happy to be started restoring my CR-X.








Remember, this blog was written in chronological order so, you will need to click OLDER POSTS to move forward in time, and click NEWER POSTS to go backwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment