Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Right Choice - First glimpse of my JDM CR-X SiR

Later that same evening I called another friend and told him that I had decided to buy an SiR instead of finishing my CRX project. I was having a few doubts about my decision I was wondering if I’d made the right choice. He assured me I was doing the right thing although I still wasn't convinced. He put me in touch with friend of his named Allan that had an EF8 for sale in Nagoya, Japan. He said he'd arrange for Allan to sell it to me at cost as a favor. He estimated Allan's cost to be even less than what I was prepared to spend on the CR-X Dieter was selling!

I spoke to Allan and he sent some pictures of the CR-X and the VIN number so I could run it through the Honda Japan EPC (Electronic Parts Catalog) and see what other options it may have on it. It was indeed an SiR with a glass top and auto air conditioning.

As soon as I saw the pictures I fell in love. It reminded me of how I felt at the car lot back in 1996 when I test-drove my ‘88. I wasn’t crazy about the black color, but I loved her regardless. It looked relatively intact, and had some white four-spoke wheels on it.

My JDM CR-X at auction in Nagoya, Japan


But the thing that made me certain THIS was the car I had to buy was that the VIN for that unit was one digit higher than my old CRX: … 60. The EF8 was… 61.




I just had to have that car... If I had any lingering doubts about my decision before, this squashed them all. 

A week later I received an email from Dieter saying he had gotten some pictures of that CR-X he wanted to sell me. I opened the attachments:


I had two people trying to sell me the exact same car! 




Remember, this blog was written in chronological order so, you will need to click OLDER POSTS to move forward in time, and click NEWER POSTS to go backwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment