Thursday, March 31, 2011

June 12th, 2021 - Mid Year Update

June 12th, 2021 - Mid Year Update

It’s been a while since I’ve been able to post an update. Once again I sound like a broken record, but not much has been happening on the car front. What has been happening is the progress on the installation of the rest of the Mugen kit but I want to save that for another post, so I’ll just say “I’m working on it” for now.


In the meantime, I’ve been working on some garage improvements this Spring, hoping to have them completed before Summer is in full swing and my itch to work on the car gets even stronger. I bought some LED lights that screw into the existing sockets, and the difference they made was night and day, no pun intended. It’s much easier to see in the garage without the large doors open and it’s made it much more comfortable to work in there.

Some new garage lights from Costco

I have wanted to paint the garage walls for some time now; practically since we moved in, but it seemed like such a daunting task to take everything and move it away from the walls, while still allowing my wife to park the Highlander in the garage. I decided what better time to get started than while hanging up the TV. It will have to be done in stages to cause the least amount of disruption, so while moving the workbench from the corner of the garage I bought some paint and some supplies and applied a couple coats of white paint to cover up the orange, and filling in some holes in the drywall as part of the process.
Painting the garage - or at least part of it

Painting behind where the workbench goes

Later this Summer, or maybe even early Fall, I can move the rest of the items from along that wall very easily and finish painting over the orange with very little inconvenience. The big pain-in-the-butt will be the concrete wall where my parts shelves are. I may not bother with painting that wall since the shelves are covering it anyways.

All tolled this little project cost about: $385 Canadian
Computer: FREE
Television: $50
DisplayPort to HDMI adapter $20
Wall Mount Bracket: $30
Cable Conduit: $30
Paint And Brushes: $45
Velcro: $20
Extension Cord: $15
Power Bar: $10
LED Lights: $55 x3 = $165

Mostly put back together

With walls painted and the TV hung, it was time to put the workspace area back together. Made some small improvements here, nothing major.

Next on the list is to put my tools away and reorganize the space a little bit further.

The car was insured with Haggerty in March and re-registered in April. Other than some small details, she is ready to be driven.


Before shot of the mess

Testing the new TV back in December


Another before shot


Mounting the TV

Testing the new TV by watching some hockey while I work

Hanging some decorations before the workbench gets put back

Still more work to do, but it's looking pretty decent if I do say so myself



Remember, this blog was written in chronological order so, you will need to click OLDER POSTS to move forward in time, and click NEWER POSTS to go backwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment