Thursday, March 31, 2011

February 16th, 2015 - Ten Years Ago Today... First Glimpse

February 16th, 2015 - Ten Years Ago Today... First Glimpse


On February 15th, 2005 I had made a decision to abandon Project 88 and import and restore a JDM CR-X instead. I had a lead on a JDM EF8 from one source and "another JDM EF8" from another source. Little did I know at the time but both sources used the same guy in Japan to source their cars and were really both trying to sell me the exact same car.

Ten years ago today I received the first two "teaser" pictures of what would eventually become my CR-X. Source #2, a man named Allan from a company called World Car Link, sent me these two pictures from the auction house in Japan. For two weeks until the more detailed pictures from Source #1 arrived, these pictures and the VIN were all I had. I examined every pixel of these pictures for those two weeks. Needless to say, it was love at first sight.

First glimpse of my JDM CR-X EF8 at the auction house in Japan

First glimpse of my JDM CR-X EF8 at the auction house in Japan



Remember, this blog was written in chronological order so, you will need to click OLDER POSTS to move forward in time, and click NEWER POSTS to go backwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment