Thursday, March 31, 2011

August 28th, 2014 - Repair Manuals & New EPC

August 28th, 2014 - Repair Manuals & New EPC

Around the beginning of August I received an updated JDM Honda EPC (Electronic Parts Catalog). The disc is dated Oct. 2008. I bought it hoping it would correct some errors I was getting on v1.2 of the Parts Catalog that caused the application to crash when presented with variances such as Interior Color or Manufacturer variances.



It was a breeze to install considering I can't read Japanese! I have a VMWare virtual machine running Windows XP that contains the Canadian Honda/Acura EPC, the American Honda/Acura EPC, a European EPC and the Japanese EPC.


I simply created a snapshot and removed v1.2 and attempted to install the new one. Unfortunately, it requested a serial number which I didn't have. So I restored the snapshot with v1.2 installed and luckily I was able to run it as an update and it ran like a dream. And it did, in fact, correct the application crashes.



Also, I managed to get the final JDM repair manual I need for my CR-X... The 1990 Body Repair Manual Supplement for the EF8 chassis.



Very special thanks to "Route JP" for helping me obtain this book. I've been watching stock slowly dwindle for years on a website in Japan and thanks to his assistance I was able to make it mine. He also has a really cool Facebook page where he chronicles daily life living in Japan, his travels around the country and a lot of car spotting... even a couple of CR-Xs too! Please take a minute to check it out here.

This competes a set of JDM repair manuals that has taken almost 10 years to assemble.


Top (L-R): 1988 EF6/EF7 Repair Manual, 1989 EF67/EF7 Repair Manual Supplement, 1988 EF6/EF7 Body Repair Manual, 1990 EF8 Body Repair Manual Supplement

Bottom (L-R):  1988 EF6/EF7 Electrical Repair Manual, B16A Repair Manual*, 1990 EF6/EF7/EF8 Repair Manual Supplement, 1990/91 EF6/EF7/EF8 Electrical Repair Manual Supplement.


Not pictured above: 1991 EF6/EF7/EF8 Repair Manual Supplement (see below):





* The serial number for the B16A engine used in the CR-X starts with a 5xxxxxx, so this manual for the B16A (Serial numbers 1000000 and up) would be for the B16A used in the Integra.



Remember, this blog was written in chronological order so, you will need to click OLDER POSTS to move forward in time, and click NEWER POSTS to go backwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment