Thursday, March 31, 2011

September 6th, 2014 - Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday, to you! Happy Birthday, Dear CR-X. Happy Birthday to you!

September 6th, 2014 - Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday, to you! Happy Birthday, Dear CR-X. Happy Birthday to you!


According to Honda Japan, my car was built at the Suzuka factory on Wednesday, September 6th, 1989.


 
That makes my car 25 years old today!

To celebrate I had a couple errands to run so I took the CR-X out for a drive.


Took along a passenger on my CR-X's birthday drive

When I got home I put a party hat on her. And, yes, that's a Lightning McQueen Cars themed hat.


During the drive I became acutely aware of just how my musical tastes had changed in the past 10 years or so... I used to listen to Sir Mix-A-Lot, Ice-T, Too $hort, Bass Mekanik, Magic Mike, Eazy E, etc. and now my iPod is filled with hits like this:



Oh, well. Guess my CR-X isn't the only thing getting older.

But what birthday wouldn't be complete without presents???

For her birthday I got her a pair of electroluminescent license plate frames from Japan. These will be thinner than my existing plate frames and I'm hoping they will look good with her new adjustable license plate bracket! Also got her some interior bits from my list of spare parts.





Remember, this blog was written in chronological order so, you will need to click OLDER POSTS to move forward in time, and click NEWER POSTS to go backwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment