Thursday, March 31, 2011

September 13th, 2014 - Mirror, mirror on the car...

September 13th, 2014 - Mirror, mirror on the car...



This was an interesting week... Calgary experienced a summertime snowstorm that lasted three days and reminded all of us of what's ahead weather-wise. September 6th, the temperature was in the mid-20's and we had family over for a BBQ and (belatedly) celebrated my father-in-law's birthday, hence the party hat for the CR-X. See? I'm not as lame as you all thought I was after seeing that picture. By Monday it was snowing.

One of the viral pictures regarding the early snowfall in Calgary.
With temperatures over those three days hovering between -7 and +3 Celsius, I didn't get a chance to get much done on the CR-X or take her for a drive even. As a matter of fact, it's been three days since the worst of the bad weather and temperatures still haven't rebounded to the level they were at before the storm. Frankly I'm not convinced they will, but the weatherman says tomorrow and Monday should be so we'll have to wait and see I suppose.









One of the memes regarding the early snowfall in Calgary.

I took advantage of the warm up, and the fact I already had to buy a new can of spray paint to touch up the bumper mounts, to sand and repaint my Honda Access mirror covers. They weren't too bad but I'd only done one coat and they got a little chipped being moved around in the garage over the past few years. Plus I found a proper match for NH526M Flint Black Metallic; when I'd last painted my mirror covers, I couldn't find an exact match and had to settle for "Honda Black" from my local auto parts store. It was close but not good enough. It's probably why I never ended up painting coat number two. 









I was also took the opportunity to check my Japan Auto Federation badge fitment on my OEM Honda front bumper... Unfortunately, it doesn't fit very well because of the "split grill" design. Oh well, since I was out there I attached it to my ViS bumper long enough to snap a picture.





Remember, this blog was written in chronological order so, you will need to click OLDER POSTS to move forward in time, and click NEWER POSTS to go backwards.


No comments:

Post a Comment