Thursday, March 31, 2011

September 15th, 2014 - Side Decal Professional Installation

September 15th, 2014 - Side Decal Professional Installation



So, after a failed attempt at installing them myself, I had my side decals installed today. This will be the first time I've had work done on my CR-X without some sort of connection to the business performing the work. I made the appointment almost a month ago and confirmed the appointment Friday. The appointment was set for 8am.


When the doors opened I waited a bit... I hated door-rushers when I worked in retail. When I got in I was told that the technician they'd booked to work on my car didn't arrive until 9am. 


At around 9am I overheard a conversation between two guys behind the counter and while I figured they were probably joking, at least, I hoped they were joking...

"So is it a CRX or CRV?"
"CR.... X, I think. CRX, CRV, they're pretty much the same thing, right??"

God, I hope they were joking...

Around a quarter of nine, I had a chance to speak to the tech about placement of the decals and the work to be performed, and that's when I recognized him as one of the guys from behind the counter. He admitted he'd always had a soft spot for CRXs and told me how much he liked mine. Whew they were only joking. He said he could repair my shoddy installation work and install the other side.

About an hour later he asked me to come out for an inspection...



... and it looked great! I was so relieved.

The decals appeared smooth, with no bubbles or 'bumps' from dust/dirt, and that was all that mattered to me at the end of the day, was that it was on and looked good.

On the way home I stopped by a local  park and took some pictures.







Remember, this blog was written in chronological order so, you will need to click OLDER POSTS to move forward in time, and click NEWER POSTS to go backwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment