Thursday, March 31, 2011

September 20th, 2014 - Mirror, mirror on the car... Part 2

September 20th, 2014 - Mirror, mirror on the car... Part 2



Years ago, I had tried to paint my JDM Honda Access Mirror Covers using automotive touch up paint in aerosol (rattle) cans. It hadn't turned out very well. For starters, I couldn't find an exact match for Flint Black Metallic (NH526M), and I didn't have all of the right materials to do a proper job.

During a recent trip to an auto parts store about a week or so ago, I happened upon a can of color matched paint for NH526M, and I thought I'd try it again.

Masked and Painted Last Week

First Coat Of Clear
Second Coat Of Clear
Third Coat Of Clear
Fourth Coat Of Clear

After three hours I was able to handle the mirror covers and did another test-fit on the CR-X. After seven days (next weekend) the clear will be fully cured and I will be able to mask off the painted areas and paint the trim and interior in flat black.








Remember, this blog was written in chronological order so, you will need to click OLDER POSTS to move forward in time, and click NEWER POSTS to go backwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment