Thursday, March 31, 2011

February 11th, 2023 - Finally Off To The Body Shop

February 11th, 2023 - Finally Off To The Body Shop  



After some scheduling and weather issues during January, we finally were able to sync up and the Body Shop came out and picked up my CR-X. 



I've asked them to help finish the installation of the ViS Mugen replica bumper.

  • Paint and prep

  • Adjusting the alignment of the bumper with fog lights, hood, fenders and headlights 
  • Sand around the signal light openings.
  • Install the signal light covers and figure out a system to allow me to be able to switch easily between the clear and smoked covers I have.
  • Attach the fog light wiring to the back side of the bumper with supplied hardware




  • I've also asked for the rust in the passenger door hinge (left side) to be taken care of and supplied the body piece in case they needed it. 




And, if there's money left in the budget, I asked them to work on the rear bumper. 

I've asked them to repair the horrible patch job from one of the previous owners of the bumper, repaint and align it to the body. As part of the re-spray of the bumper I've asked them to paint in the inner grill area flat black, and the bottom lip in silver. Mugen didn't specify a color code for the silver to use, so I was going to use NH623M. After talking to the owner of the shop, he suggested the Vogue Silver Metallic from the CRX Special Edition to keep it period-correct. 





To be honest, it was such an obvious, slam-dunk choice, that I'm kinda pissed I didn't think of it first but it's the perfect choice. It's not only period correct, but it's got that tie-in to the CRX and Canada specifically. 


In preparation for the trip to the body shop, I stripped the CR-X of a lot of the goodies installed. It's not because I don't trust the body shop; they came highly recommended by two people I trust but I wasn't sure if she would be left outside in their secure yard, or whether she would be kept inside, and I wanted to ensure that if someone got into the yard and broke into the car or even stole her, that the parts would be off the car and safe. 













Remember, this blog was written in chronological order so, you will need to click OLDER POSTS to move forward in time, and click NEWER POSTS to go backwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment