Thursday, March 31, 2011

February 28th, 2022 - Mid Winter Update

February 28th, 2022 - Mid Winter Update


It's unfortunately still winter; the stupid groundhog saw his shadow and apparently there will be 6 more weeks of this. I have been wanting so badly to get out to the garage to work, and while it's still somewhat warm in there when compared to the outside temperatures, it's not quite warm enough.


What I have been able to do, is pretty minor. I removed the rear Mugen bumper and have bought some touch up paint to try and touch up the chips on the sides. I looked at the botched fibreglass repair on the left corner but I don't think I'll be able to do a repair on it myself. 

Finding a decently warm and sunny day, I put the bumper on my back deck and in between meetings while working from home, I was able to go out and spray a couple of coats over the scratches. It's nowhere near perfect but it looks better than it did before, and will buy me some time until I can get the bumper properly repaired and painted.







I was able to remove the JDM license bracket from the car, which was slightly bent and have some new nuts on order with Honda to install the new one from my inventory. The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning to just drilling new holes in the Mugen bumper and using the North American mounts instead. It would be much easier and cleaner, and would allow me to use my choice of hardware for the plate.  


I got a local installer, Shadow Tinting to install some paint protection film on my glow plate. They did such a good job, despite the challenges that the raised letters presented, that I had them do the fog lights and the Verno front grill emblem as well. 



I'm hoping to get the rear bumper almost finished this year, minus the repairs needed to the corner and the repaint. I started to remove the grills from spare bumper I have. Sadly, I not able to salvage the screws for the bottom of the grills. I was able to loosen the nut on the back side before the rust on the threads caused too much damage. With the nuts loosened, it allowed just enough room to get a cutting wheel for my Dremel in the space to cut the shaft of the screw. Interestingly enough, though, the screws nearer the top came off without issue. 






Garage Improvements

More garage improvements are on the agenda for this Spring/Summer. One is the finish painting the wall over the Easter long weekend, and if the weather holds up, I'd also like to pull the CR-X out of the garage and hang the new LED lights to help me see when working on her when the garage door is shut. 

I bought some Barrina LED light bars from Amazon, and they are fantastic. The only issue is that they are not the same soft white like the tri-lights I put in last year, but they will definitely be bright enough.






Misc 

I installed the battery and just HAD to check out the license plate. I can't believe how much I'm enjoying this addition. I should have done this years ago!






Remember, this blog was written in chronological order so, you will need to click OLDER POSTS to move forward in time, and click NEWER POSTS to go backwards.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment